SamaVeda is a LIVE band based out of the capital city of India, New Delhi. It is a brilliant Sufi/folk rock Band. The versatile band is best known for its awesome LIVE performances. Here is an Exclusive Interview with Pulkit Singh Vocal member of Samaveda Band.
- What’s the name of your band? What’s the origin of that name? Have you ever changed the band’s name before?
Band name is Samaveda band.It is originated from one among of our four Vedas Samaveda. Earlier it was named as Sukoon but we later on we changed it to Samaveda.
- Please list the name, age, and respective instrument of each band member?
Band members are –
Vocal : Pulkit Singh (age 25)
Drummer : Ajay Sharma (age 22)
Bass guitarist : Divesh Karki (age 21)
Keyboardist : Abhishek Gogna (age 26)
Guitarist : Karan (age 23)
- How long have you all known each other? How did you meet?
We know each other since last 2 yrs met through a common friend and through social media.
- What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?
Our genres are Sufi,Folk rock,Bollywood and Punjabi Retro.
- When did you form your band? What inspired you to make it?
We formed our band 2 years ago because it was our passion to perform on big platforms .
- Do you have a record label? Are you a member of any music organizations?
No! We are not associated with any record label or any organisation
- Where have you performed recently? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
Currently we are performing in some clubs of CP, Noida,Gurgaon and south Ex Imperfecto Informals ruin pub. Also we have done many shows in management colleges Delhi university for ngo like Roko cancer UNICEF and for corporate.Yes, we have some upcoming shows private and clubs
- Which songs do you perform most frequently? Do you ever play any covers? Do you have a set of play list?
Songs we play frequently are samjhawan dil se, Rock On, London thumakda, Kala Chashma, Tere Bin Nhi Lagda, Arijit and Atif songs, retro songs maeri, Halka Halka Suroor, Rashke Qamar, Humma Humma etc… Yes, we have a set of play list for every show .
- What are your rehearsals schedule? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?
We jam every week once or twice in Jampads.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a band? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Biggest challenge in band is to make coordination with band members because if any band member leaves the band then it’s quite challenging to develop that coordination again with the new member, so members should be permanent. Yes we have overcome this challenge now we have permanent members.
- What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?
My advice is just focus on your music your genre,do practice as much as you can and work with good people who are cooperative understanding and permanent.