Pic Credit – BCCI
The season 10 of IPL T20 has begun with the first match being played between Royal Challengers Bangalore versus the defending champions Sun Risers Hyderabad.
Now let us quickly look at some of the records IPL T20 has created so far:
- Most Number of Runs Scored – Virat Kohli with 4,110 runs for RCB
- Most Number of Wickets – Lasith Malinga with 143 wickets for MI
- Most Hat-tricks – Amit Mishra with 3 times
- Most Centuries – Chris Gayle with 5 for RCB
- Most Number of Sixes – Chris Gayle with 251 for RCB
- Fastest Century – Chris Gayle in 30 deliveries for RCB versus Pune Warriors in 2013
- Highest Score in an innings – Chris Gayle with 175 n.o in the same match mentioned above.
- Highest Strike Rate – Andre Russell with 173.4 for KKR
- Bet Bowling – Sohail Tanvir with 6/14 against CSK in Jaipur,2008
- Most Number of Championships – CSK,KKR,MI – 2 each. SRH would have had 2 had it not been changed its team name from Deccan Chargers.
- Most Expensive Players – Yuvraj Singh for DD for approx 16 crores and Ben Stokes for RPSG for approx 1 crores.
The above records may get altered with the present edition of IPL.
There was a controversy yesterday when the veteran actor Rishi Kapoor tweeted as to why not the Pakistan Players weren’t allowed to take part in the IPL which drew lot of flak among the netizens.