Enterprises Can Achieve New Levels of Business Agility with Juniper Technology Combined with Verizon Managed Services
NEW DELHI, India. – July 26, 2016 – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, announced today that it is part of Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ tech partner ecosystem. With Juniper’sCloud CPE solution serving as a foundational engine for Verizon’s Virtual Network Services, enterprises will have greater choice in selecting the right solution for their needs.
This shift toward network functions virtualization (NFV) as a service delivery platform is transforming the way service providers’ managed services offerings are provisioned, purchased and consumed – enabling greater levels of business agility and drastically reducing operational complexities. Juniper’s Cloud CPE solution has also transformed the managed services model by enabling service providers to offer their enterprise customers multi-vendor capabilities without the burden of managing disparate systems.
Verizon’s Virtual Network Services is a major milestone in the company’s multi-stage journey towards fully virtualizing the network and delivering virtual business services that increase reliability, agility and efficiency. This initiative plays a major part in the company’s overall Enterprise Solutions strategy, which is committed to helping its clients accelerate innovation and maintain a competitive edge through simplified management and cost control.
The advent of software defined networking (SDN) and NFV has changed the networking landscape and given service providers new approaches to more efficiently deliver customized, value-added services that are cost effective for end users. This digital transformation can be seen in all parts of the network, from core to edge, and represents a fundamental paradigm shift that impacts not only the way network services are delivered and consumed – with software-like flexibility – but also the way networks are built and managed. To achieve this level of transformation, Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution includesContrail Service Orchestration, a comprehensive management and orchestration platform, and the NFX250, a network services platform that can operate as a secure, on-premises device running multiple virtual network functions (VNFs), such asJuniper Networks vSRX virtual firewall and third-party VNFs, all simultaneously.
- A Powerful Platform: Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution is the foundational platform that powers Verizon’s Virtual Network Services offering. In fact, it’s the only purpose-built platform for managed services. Verizon’s Virtual Network Services is an application-first managed services offering that enables enterprise customers to increase business agility and cost efficiency for heightened customer focus.
- Open Framework: Juniper’s Cloud CPE solution is a fully modular NFV framework that supports open standards and protocols with seamless API integration that assist in accelerating integration into existing service provider environments. An open framework also enables the ability to run a myriad of network functions from Juniper and other third-parties, enabling increased flexibility and choice of applications that service providers can offer to businesses. Verizon is leveraging this open framework to allow Virtual Network Services customers to select VNFs from six different vendors and run them all on the Juniper Cloud CPE solution.
- Virtual Security: Verizon business customers can elect to use Juniper Networks vSRX, one of the industry’s most efficient and powerful virtual firewalls, as a VNF through Verizon’s Virtual Network Services to protect data assets and remove network threats. As one of the industry’s fastest virtual security and routing platforms available, Juniper Networks vSRX delivers core firewall, networking, advanced security and automated lifecycle management for cloud environments.
“Verizon and Juniper have a long history focused on driving innovation to deliver best-in-class services to clients. This announcement represents a continuation of our digital transformation journey as the world of networking continues to evolve to a more automated, software-centric model. This model offers clients the ability to turn on and off new services faster than ever before and helps them stay ahead in today’s highly dynamic global marketplace.”
- Shawn Hakl, vice president, enterprise and innovation, Verizon
“As an industry leader in networking, we’ve seen first-hand the impact that digital transformation has on service providers and, in turn, their end customers. Juniper is committed to partnering with Verizon in their multi-step journey that meshes the latest in virtualization technology with a software-led approach that promises to deliver increased value to enterprise customers.”
- Jonathan Davidson, executive vice president and general manager, Juniper Development and Innovation (JDI)