QFX10000 line of switches and vMX router recognized for Technology Innovation and Industry Leadership in Enterprise and Service Provider Markets
New Delhi, India – 16 JUNE 2015 – Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has captured top honors in two ‘Best of Show’ award categories at Interop Tokyo 2015, underscoring the company’s commitment to delivering innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers.
The awards won this year were:
- Juniper Networks® QFX10000 High Performance Data Center Switches for the Best of Show Grand Prix Award in the Data Center Networking category
- Juniper Networks vMX 3D Universal Edge Router for the Best of Show Grand Prix Award in the NFV category
One of Asia’s largest network computing trade shows, Interop Tokyo recognizes the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. Juniper Networks has been an annual award recipient at Interop Tokyo since 2007.
This year, the event is expected to attract more than 140,000 attendees and features keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
Acknowledging innovative products and data center architecture which have moved business technology forward, the Best of Show awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2015.
Juniper Networks QFX10000 High Performance Data Center Switches
- The QFX10000 line of high-performance switches delivers industry-leading scalability, density and flexibility, helping cloud and data center operators build automated data center networks that provide superior long-term investment protection.
- Using custom, Juniper-built ASICs, the high-performance, highly versatile QFX10000 switches scale from 3 to 96 Tbps of throughput, delivering the capacity needed for long-term investment protection.
- By offering the industry’s highest 100GbE port density—up to 480 in a single chassis—the QFX10000 line delivers the power to seamlessly evolve data center networks from existing 10GbE and 40GbE architectures to 100GbE, to keep pace with evolving requirements.
- Designed to function as a common building block in a variety of other network architectures and fabrics, QFX10000 switches deliver maximum flexibility while ensuring that users will never be locked into a proprietary solution.
Juniper Networks vMX 3D Universal Edge Router
- The vMX is a true MX Series 3D Universal Edge Router that is optimized to run as software on x86 servers. It helps service providers and enterprises quickly and economically leverage virtualization without compromising on features or performance.
- The vMX supports sophisticated routing services and applications, including vPE and vCPE, and is ideally suited for agile service introduction and modification for both service provider and enterprise applications.
- With its “pay as you grow” licensing model, the vMX reduces the risks associated with new market entry and service innovation, allowing network operators to start small, move fast and stay profitable.
- The vMX increases service agility by enabling network operators to quickly deploy and scale services by spinning up new routing instances on demand, and by supporting non-disruptive service introductions in parallel with current services. This approach eliminates the risk, complexity and delay associated with reconfiguring and requalifying the current infrastructure for new services.
“We are honored to win these prestigious awards for the QFX10000 and vMX. Having won awards annually at Interop Tokyo since 2007, we are glad to be recognized again for our continued focus on innovation, enabling us to create industry leading networking solutions that help our customers automate, scale and create ubiquitous networks that are empowering businesses and consumers to do more every day.”
– Mike Marcellin, Chief Marketing Officer, Juniper Networks