Kamlesh Paswan is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Bansgaon in Uttar Pradesh. Paswan is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Earlier, Paswan had represented Uttar Pradesh as a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from 2002 to 2007. During his political career, Paswan has done exemplary work for the upliftment of poor and marginalized sections of the society. He has been actively involved in a wide variety of social work in his constituency.
Early Life and Education
Kamlesh Paswan was born in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh on August 6, 1976 to Om Prakash Paswan and Subhawati Devi. He completed his graduation from Akhilabhagya P.G. College, Ranapar, Chauri Chaura, Gorakhpur. He married Ritu on July 2, 2002.
Kamlesh Paswan comes from a family with political background. His father was also a politician, something that enabled Paswan to learn more about the world of politics from an early stage.
- 2002-2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha
- 31 August 2009: Member, Standing Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Petitions; Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
- 25 March, 2015 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Commerce; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Labour and Employment
- 28 July 2016 onwards: Member, Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Kamlesh Paswan is an avid reader and he likes to read magazines related to social work. In his spare time, Paswan likes to watch movies and spend quality time with his family and children. In sports, he likes basketball, swimming, badminton, tennis, and cricket. Paswan has visited various countries including China, Germany, Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region of the People`s Republic of China), Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, U.A.E. (Dubai) and U.S.A.