Whenever you decide to go on a weight loss routine, there has to be some plan behind it and you should also consult with a dietician/nutritionist. There are certain key things to keep in mind before jumping to dieting schedule without giving it a thought.
Below are some key principles of dieting:
- Establish your fat loss calorie requirement: The goal is to see how much you can eat and still lose fat, not how little. If you start out with too large of a caloric deficit and plateau, you’ll have nowhere to go
- Consume plenty of protein: Protein is a critical component of an effective fat-loss plan, as it increases satiety and preserves muscle when losing weight.
- Don’t fear carbs: You need not fear carbohydrates because they can help you get more out of your workouts.
- Prioritize strength training: Retaining lean muscle tissue is key when in a calorie deficit, and the best way to do that is by prioritizing strength training.
- Not falling prey to the health supplement ads: As much as you might want to believe a magic potion will melt away your fat, the vast majority of supplements marketed for fat loss are ineffective.