NOIDA, India, March 24, 2015 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that it has signed a three-year agreement with ANK India, a Delhi-based non-profit making organization (NGO), to support the organization’s second Learning Center in Noida. The Learning Center aims to provide universal elementary education to children living in the area, as well as offer access to proper healthcare.
- Kronos’ support of ANK will help ensure the Noida Learning Center can support the education of more than 125 local underprivileged children in the next three years.
- The new Noida Learning Center will offer elementary education to children aged five to 14 years old and aims to:
o Provide remedial education to needy school-going children in partnership with parents and the wider local community;
o Teach community children, drop-out or out-of-school children who cannot attend school due to financial or family problems; and
o Support periodic health camps to offer improved healthcare and education within the local area.
- Since ANK was founded, more than 20,000 children in India have benefited from access to its learning program, and its health initiatives have touch more than 40,000 underprivileged families.
- Supporting ANK aligns with Kronos’ GiveInspired corporate giving mission to support causes and organizations that focus on growing and empowering the next-generation workforce.
- Ashok Saxena, managing director, India, Kronos
“Kronos’ association with ANK demonstrates our commitment to improving the knowledge of India’s younger generation. This project is important within our local community in Noida, as by offering education to local children we can bring positive change, not only to them and their families but to the wider community as a whole.”
- Abhishek Kishore, general secretary, ANK India
“We are extremely happy that Kronos has come forward to support our cause and share in our vision that every child deserves a proper education. The ANK philosophy is based on a belief that every child, irrespective of background, has the right to the opportunity for total personal development. Kronos’ investment gives us the potential to not only offer those children access to a basic education, but also to arm them with the knowledge required to free themselves from a future of disease and poverty.”