Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Sunday , 20 August 2017
Breaking News

Melanie Trump’s first solo trip as US First Lady

Melanie Trump is all set to undertake her first Solo trip in September this year in the capacity of US First Lady. She has never travelled solo in the past 8 months ever since her husband Donald Trump assumed the office of the President of United States.
 
Mrs Trump announced in a statement that she will lead the US delegation to this year’s Invictus Games, which will be held in Toronto, Canada, that is expected to happen between September 23-30.
 
“In just two short years, the Invictus Games have allowed thousands of injured and wounded servicemen and women from many different countries to participate in adaptive sports competitions — something that should be lauded and supported worldwide. I am honoured by the opportunity to represent our country at this year’s games,” Trump said. “I was heartened by the great success of the inaugural Invictus Games that took place in London in 2015, and the second games in Orlando, Florida, last year,” said the first lady.
 
It is to be noted that Melanie has accompanied Trump in almost all his visits which included the visit to Saudi Arabia where a multi billion military contract was signed and also acc0mpanied him to the G20 Summit.
 
The Invictus Games were started in 2014 by Britain’s Prince Harry, who was inspired to build global awareness for servicemen and women injured in combat. Melanie is not the first to visit the games. Earlier, Invictus saw the presence of former first lady Michelle Obama who along with Prince Harry had kicked off the 2016 games.
 

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top
badge