Milk thistle is also well-known as ‘Mary thistle’ and is for the most part, used to take care of liver problems. It is a flowering plant that belongs from the same family of daisy plants and also includes other plants like sunflowers. It grows mainly in Mediterranean countries and is used to make natural remedies. It has been used for over 2,000 years. Milk thistle is in the same way powerful to other important nutrients like vitamin E or vitamin C.
Benefits of Milk Thistle
Milk thistle helps in treating cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis, gallbladder disorders and many more.
- One of the most general uses of milk thistle is to treat liver problems. Its component silymarin acts as an antioxidant. It helps in reconstructing the liver cells while removing toxins from your body.
- Want to lose cholesterol? Milk thistle reduces your cholesterol as it can lead to many problems with heart and enhance a person’s chance of stroke.
- Milk thistle seeds are a soaring source of the antioxidant flavonoid. Its Silymarin is related with lessening the danger for cancer expansion by boosting the immune system.
- Milk thistle can help you in controlling the symptoms of diabetes by helping with glycemic control.
- Milk thistle’s antioxidants help in preventing free radical damage throughout the body and eradicate all the pollutants. It also promotes cell growth and cell rejuvenation.
- Milk thistle has been well-known to hold up the balanced hormones. Milk thistle can also help in battling the symptoms of menopause, like hot flashes and mood swings.
- Milk thistle can helps in regulating insulin levels and balancing blood sugar.
- In order to have a successful digestive system, milk thistle has been recognized to treat digestive problems like constipation.
- Milk thistle helps in preventing seasonal allergies like gooey nose, sneezing, itchy eyes and headaches.
- If milk thistle is combined with traditional treatment then it can look up the diabetes. It also improves the insulin resistance of a person who is suffering from diabetes.
- Milk thistle may help in decreasing the chance of developing different heart disease. It helps in preventing the rise of liver enzymes, which can be a side effect of the medication.
- Milk thistle also promotes the natural detoxification through the healthy kidney function as well.
Milk thistle can be taken in supplements or in tea. It can be combined with the other herbs as well. Consuming it on an empty stomach, at least 15 minutes previous to food makes it work more rapidly than after meals. If the person has a very sensitive liver then it is a helpful in taking it after the meals to safeguard the reactions. Milk thistle extracts are not dangerous and next to devoid of any side effects. The daily intake of milk thistle is 150 milligrams which can be taken one to three times on a daily basis. Milk thistle is an anti-fibrotic.
By: Bindita Sinha