- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small size carrot nicely diced
- 1 small size zucchini diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoon Cup Del Monte Pasta Sauce
- 4 Cups stock or boiled pasta water
- 1/4 Cup red or white beans, boiled
- 1 cup Del Monte Elbow Pasta
- 1/3 cup finely grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the celery, zucchini, carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for few more minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, pasta sauce and the stock to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt. Ladle into bowls and top with the grated cheese and chopped parsley.
Serve it with toasted bread.
By: Del Monte