After a hot and sweaty summer, the monsoon comes as a relief but the humid and damp weather takes a toll on the skin. The arrival of monsoon is indeed a sign of relief from the sweltering and scorching heat. However Monsoon brings humidity and it’s bad news for all type of skins. It has always been difficult to take care of your skin during rainy season.
Here are few easy beauty tips to maintain your skin beautiful and fresh this monsoon by Madhu Arora, Franchise Owner of Blush Clinic, New Delhi
1. Cleanse the skin: The skin should be cleaned 3-4 times a day with non-soapy face washes. This helps to clean excessive oil and dirt from the skin pores and helps it breathe.
2. Keeping dry skin moisturized: If your skin appears to be dry, moisturize it with a good moisturiser. Application of rose water, glycerin or almond oil before retiring to bed is beneficial in keeping the skin supple and healthy.
3. Keep oily skin clean: If you have dry skin and have visible whiteheads or blackheads, try to minimize oil secretion from the skin by using water based moisturisers, cleansers and by applying citrus face packs. Drinking a lot of water also helps in reducing oil production.
4. Shield your skin: Just because it’s cloudy, does not mean your skin is protected from the sun. It is highly important to guard your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, so always use a good sunscreen with a high SPF factor.
5. Gentle exfoliation: Skin exfoliation is also needed during this season, use a gentle scrub for exfoliation and scrub the dead skin off every other day.
6. Drink adequate water: Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water to maintain skin hydration, as the skin loses a lot of water due to sweating.
7. Wash hair often: Wash hair a little more frequently that you usually do in the monsoon as all the humidity and sweat causes it to get dirty soon and attract dust and pollution.
8. Avoid fungal infection: Avoid fungal infections during rains. Never keep your skin wet for too long, use antifungal soaps, creams and talc, take a bath with lukewarm water.
A BONUS TIP: Chemical peels done by dermatologists are a fantastic way to freshen up a luster less dull skin. But remember, all these external efforts will be in vain if you are not hearty from inside. So eat vegetables and fruits to make your skin healthy from inside And a bonus tip- Enjoy the Rain!!!