Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Friday , 17 November 2017
Breaking News

Moussa Oukabir, 17, confirmed as one of five attackers killed in Cambrils – as it happened

Key terror attack suspect Moussa Oukabir has been identified as one of the men killed by police in Cambrils after a cell of extremists slaughtered 14 innocent people in two separate attacks.

They also named Said Aalla, 18 and Mohamed Hychami, 24 as among those shot dead.

Four other suspects were taken into custody.

But police were last night continuing to appeal for information on Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22.

There were also reports that two further suspects were being sought.

A French security official said last night that Spanish police were looking for a Renault Kangoo van rented on Thursday in Spain by the suspects that may have crossed into France.

Security officials believe the attacks on Barcelona and Cambrils were the work of a terror cell of at least 12 people, who may have been inspired by the London Bridge outrage in June.

On Thursday afternoon, Oukabir and his associates drove a van along Barcelona’s crowded Las Ramblas thoroughfare, ploughing into tourists leaving 13 dead and more than 100 injured.

After carrying out the attack, Oukabir is believed to have fled on foot, before hijacking a Ford Focus car, stabbing the driver, and jumping a checkpoint, in order to make his escape.

It is then believed he travelled to the coastal resort of Cambrils, where he met up with four fellow jihadists.

Driving an Audi A3, they travelled at speed along the town’s promenade but crashed and flipped the car.

The jihadists then got out of the vehicle and started to attack.

All of the jihadists were shot dead by police who were on the scene.

Despite his role as ringleader in the attacks it was not thought that Oukabir had been known previously to the security services.

His older brother, Driss, 28, was among four men in custody, who were being held on suspicion of involvement in the atrocities.

 

 

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top
badge