Nepal Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament from the Lok Sabha constituency of Rampur in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Nepal Singh is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Nepal Singh defeated his nearest rival Naseer Ahmad Khan of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 20,000 votes. Nepal Singh’s win in Rampur is considered significant since Rampur has a large Muslim population. Prior to winning the Lok Sabha seat from Rampur, Nepal Singh had served as a Member of Legislative Council (MLC) in Uttar Pradesh for five terms.
Early Life and Education
Nepal Singh was born on August 12, 1940 in Chandaula in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. His completed his M.Sc. (Chemistry), Ph.D. from Agra University. Nepal Singh married Smt. Aaditya on April 30, 1969.
- 1986 – May 2014: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (Five Terms)
- 1997 – 2002: Minister of Secondary Education and Language, Government of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Rules Committee; Member, Standing Committee on Human Resource Development; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- 12 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes
Nepal Singh is a member of the Rotary Club and he likes to spend his time on social welfare activities.