- Feedback from over 200,000 passengers through onboard survey covers 36 customer touchpoints
- Emergence of next generation of business class traveller
- Key factors influencing their airline choice include connectivity and value for money
Dubai, UAE; 04 May 2015: flydubai published today new research focussing on the latest travel trends, behaviours and preferences based on the analysis of over 4,000 independent opinions that are compiled every week from flydubai passengers.
By having the latest technology on board flydubai is able to capture customer feedback through its award winning inflight entertainment system. The data is downloaded each week and analysed for management review within 24 hours. It provides feedback across 36 customer touchpoints and identifies trends by route or a specific flight of the more than 1,400 flights operated by the airline each week.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, commenting on the airline’s approach said; ”from the latest technology on board our aircraft we are able to have access, through the inflight entertainment system, to every passenger and hear their views. The data we are capturing shows travel patterns as well as behaviours and importantly helps us to drive innovation to meet our passengers’ expectations. The timeliness of this analysis and our emphasis of putting the customer experience at the core of our operations give us a unique insight to our passengers. This keeps us focused on what is important to the passenger.”
flydubai’s strategy of opening up trade routes and offering reliable travel services to new and emerging markets as well as increasing frequency to previously underserved markets continues to be very well received by passengers. The survey data consistently shows that flydubai’s passengers recognise the benefits of direct air links as key factors influencing their airline choice with priority given to connectivity (37%) and value for money (24%).
Ghaith Al Ghaith added; “the Arabian Travel Market provides an opportunity to showcase our latest product development and share our research with other members of the travel industry. With an 86% recommendation rate this is in line with the standards set by Dubai, the leading destination for global travel, business and events.”
Listening to its passengers’ feedback was a key component in the launch of flydubai’s Business Class in October 2013. Research shows that the flydubai Business Class passenger tends to be younger, travels frequently, gives priority to convenience and good value.
The research shows that flydubai’s Business Class appeals to a younger traveller with 43% of passengers under the age of 34 and 27% aged between 35 and 44 years old.
The frequency of travel across the flydubai network showed that 26% of passengers from Africa travelled monthly, 29% from Kuwait, 21% from Saudi Arabia, 13% from India, 17% from Russia, 15% from the Caucasus and Central Asia, and 21% from Eastern Europe.
flydubai’s Business Team is available to support business class passengers from the time they book their ticket until the end of their journey with 87% reporting that the Business Team could resolve their enquiries.
Key findings of the research include:
- 86% of passengers who participated in the survey would recommend flydubai
- 62% of Business Class passengers are repeat travellers
- 45% of our Business Class passengers book through travel agents
- 91% remarked positively on the appearance of the cabin
- 81% of Business Class passengers say they enjoyed the comfort of the seat
- 86% of Business Class passengers enjoy the legroom
- 91% of customers found the crew to be helpful, efficient and knowledgeable
- 78% of Business Class passengers report baggage check-in times of 5 minutes or less
- 79% of passengers report Immigration queues of less than 5 minutes
- Two-thirds of passengers report queues at Security of less than 5 minutes