Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Startup Grand Challenge announces the top 7 incredible innovators that won awards in 7 different categories.
The winners include Tricog Health, TruCover and HealthCloudAILabs from Bangalore; Pune-based Periwinkle Technologies; Gurugram-based OnionDev Technologies; Mumbai-based Universal MedNet; Noida-based Incredible Devices.
The National Health Authority in collaboration with BIRAC and Startup India launched Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Startup Grand Challenge—an open platform that aimed to bring together the most talented innovators in the country to help solve some of the world’s largest government-funded health assurance scheme—Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’s (AB PM-JAY) key implementation challenges.
With this initiative, NHA aims to reach out to India’s inventive start-up community to build cutting-edge solutions that will aid effective implementation of AB PM-JAY and empower 500 million people to gain access to affordable healthcare. The challenge received a remarkable turnout of 320 interesting entries from across Medical Devices, Digital Health, Health Communications, Hospital services and Hospital Management, Medical workforce training and capacity building sectors.
A ‘Grand Jury’ comprising of distinguished industry leaders such as Dr. Sangita Reddy (Joint MD Apollo Hospitals), Mr. Mukesh Bansal (Founder, Myntra and CureFit.) Dr. Ambrish Mithal (Head, Endocrinology at Max hospital (Saket) & Member, Governing Board of NHA), Dr. Nachiket Mor (Health Economist & Former India Country Director, BMGF), Ms. Vani Kola (MD, Kalaari capital) and Mr. Prashant Prakash (Founding Partner, Accel Ventures India) evaluated all participants in 7 different categories and recognised 7 winners for their foresight and innovation.
The winners will be provided with end-to-end scale-up support through NHA’s newly launched Market Access Program, an initiative focused on accelerating adoption of innovations for Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY through validation pilots, procurement support, business intelligence and mentorship services facilitated through NHA. With MAP, disruptive innovations will now have an opportunity to directly access the Indian healthcare system and transform access, quality and affordability of healthcare.
The winners of ‘Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Startup Grand Challenge’ in the 7 categories are:
- Tricog Health won the best startup in the category, “Ensuring Quality of Care”. The company founded by Charit Bhograj, Zainul Chaarbiwala, Udayan Dasgupta and Abhinav Gujjar provides a comprehensive technology-led intervention to help patients gain access to quick, accurate and affordable ECG diagnosis.
- Founded by Ashish Chandra, TrueCover, an AI based real-time fraud, waste, and abuse monitoring platform for health insurance payers won the best startup in the category, “Strengthening Fraud and Abuse control”.
- In the category, “Maximizing pre and post- treatment engagement”, Periwinkle Technologies Pvt. Ltd. won the best startup! Founded by Veena Moktaali & Koustubh Naik, the company has developed a Comprehensive single visit, expert-independent solution for cervical cancer detection
- The award for – OnionDev Technologies (Gram Vaani), a proven platform to create awareness, drive healthcare demand and monitor services through continuum of care won the best startup in the category for “Increasing Beneficiary Awareness”. Aaditeshwar Seth and Vijay Sai Pratap established OnionDev.
- Founded by Nitesh Shroff and Preeti Bhargava, HealthCloudAILabs, a mobile-health solution to empower non-physician staff won the best startup in the category for “Maximizing capacity of health workforce”.
- The best startup in the category of “Reducing cost of services at the point of care” was awarded to Incredible Devices Pvt. Ltd, an automated catheter reprocessing system to make treatment safe, affordable, and accessible for millions of poor patients. The founders are Vikram Goel and Rajwinder Kaur
- Universal Mednet Pvt. Ltd won the best startup in the category for “Enhancing the quality and security of data”. Founded by Rohit Raheja, Universal Mednet Pvt. Ltd is a secure digital locker for all medical-reports of patients.