The government said on Sunday that it may come out with no-fly list norms next month for passengers with disruptive behaviour.
The civil aviation ministry is said to have finalised a revised Civil Aviation Requirement (CAR) after receiving comments from the stakeholders.
The ministry has already prepared the draft rules for a ‘national no-fly list’ for domestic carriers, and under which the flying ban could extend from at least three months to an indefinite period.
The CAR related to the no-fly list is expected to be notified in the first week of July, said Civil Aviation Secretary R N Choubey.
Lok Sabha member from TDP J C Diwakar Reddy is barred by major airlines from taking their flights following allegedly creating the ruckus at Vizag airport last week as he was denied boarding by IndiGo.
This is the second incident involving a Lok Sabha member after Shiv Sena’s Ravindra Gaikwad was banned by carriers for some time after he had assaulted an Air India staffer a few months ago.
As per the draft norms, the national no-fly list will include names of passengers identified as unruly after an inquiry by a committee constituted by a particular airline.
While the list is characterised as ‘national’ and would have data on disruptive passengers from all airlines, the ban recommended by the committee is not mandatory for all airlines to follow.
The government had recommended three levels of unruly behaviours 1.disruptive behaviour 2. physically abusive behaviour 3. life threatening behaviour.
If a passenger repeats the same degree of offence, he or she would be banned for twice the period of the previous ban.