Madrid, July 31 (IANS) Czech tennis player Karolina Pliskova continued to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday with 6,751 points.
This week’s rankings remained unchanged as Romanian player Simona Halep came second, followed by German Angelique Kerber, who used to lead the rankings, reports Efe.
Recently crowned Wimbledon champion Spain’s Garbiñe Muguruza came fourth, ahead of fifth-placed Ukraine’s Elina Svitolina.
The current WTA rankings and points:
1. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 6,751 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 5,770
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,626
4. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4,991
5. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,935
6. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 4,860
7. Johanna Konta (UK) 4,665
8. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 4,410
9. Venus Williams (US) 4,052
10. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 3,940.
Post Source: Ians feed