In his first ‘Mann ki Baat’ session in the New Year, PM Narendra Modi addressed the citizens, informing them that the fight against corruption will continue. He also congratulated people who had won gallantry awards on Republic Day and expressed his condolences for the brave soldiers who recently lost their lives in snow related accidents in Jammu & Kashmir. However, the highlight of this session of ‘Mann ki Baat’ was PM Modi’s message to students who will be taking their Board Exams of Class 10 and 12, beginning March 9. PM Modi shared some very useful exam tips with students, so that they can improve their performance in the exams. One of his quotes was, “A happy mind is the secret for a good mark sheet. When you are tensed, knowledge takes a back seat.”
Some of the other useful exam tips he shared included:
- Exams should be a joyous occasion. Those who will consider exams a pleasure will have achievements, while those who will consider exams a pressure, will have to repent.
- Marks and mark-sheet serve a limited purpose. Life is not confined to these only. Life truly means what is the knowledge that you have acquired!
- To cheat is to be cheap, so please do not cheat. Cheating makes you bad, so stay away from it.
- Stop competing with others; you just have to better your own performance.
- Take proper rest and sleep well during exams – these are very important for excelling in any type of exam.