PM Narendra Modi is all set to unveil India’s Longest Tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar highway. Here are few interesting facts about this tunnel:
1. The length of the tunnel is 9.28 Kms.
2. By reducing the travel between Jammu and Srinagar by 30.11 kms, this tunnel is expected to save Rs.27 lakhs worth of fuel daily.
3. The project was executed at a cost of Rs.3,720 crores.
4. The tunnel will cut the travel time between two cities by 30 minutes.
5. This tunnel is a part of 286 km long four-lane project on Jammu-Srinagar highway.
6. This tunnel will help motorists to avoid NH44 which is more prone to avalanches and landslides.
7. Only low beam needs to be used inside the tunnel with speed limit of 50 km/hr.