Featuring a panel of industry experts, the Plenary discussion can be enjoyed by visitors to the Amsterdam RAI as well as via a live webcast
The POWER-GEN Joint Plenary Panel Discussion is always one of the highlights of the POWER-GEN Europe and Renewable Energy World Europe conference programme – and this year is no exception!
Taking place on Wednesday 10 June from 14:00 at the Amsterdam RAI, the discussion panel features 5 industry experts and decision-makers:
- Stephan Singer, Director Global Energy Policy – Global Climate and Energy Initiative WWF International in Belgium
- Koen Noyens, Advisor, Environment & Sustainable Development Policy Unit Eurelectric in Belgium
- Mark Garnett, Vice President European Region, Doosan Power Systems in the UK
- Damian Wagner, Coordinator Smart Cities, Fraunhofer IAO in Germany
- Martin Giesen, Chief Executive Officer, Advanced Power in the UK
Stephen Sackur, the International Journalist and TV Presenter, will moderate the session.
The expert panel represents a broad spectrum of interest across the industry, and Sackur will use the session to draw out their vision as to how the market is likely to develop. The debate will look at the changing roles of centralised power, the growth of localised generation, and the opportunities that will be created.
Panellists will be invited to comment on how policy conflicts between Brussels and EU member states could be resolved, which technologies are most likely to prevail and how market players can best position themselves to lead and succeed in Europe’s energy future.