Eyewear Division talks about the preventive measures we must follow to protect our eyes from hazardous smog, and how one can take preventive steps to keep oneself healthy.
- Wash your eyes with cold water, when you are back from outdoor.
- Blink often to refresh your eyes, especially during computer work.
- Wear large size sunglasses when outdoors, for better protection from pollution.
- Use wrap-around eyewear while outdoors. If you don’t have power, you could use wrap-around zero powered eyewear for protection from smog.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, if tiny pollutants enter.
- Place cucumbers/cold compressions on your eyes and rest, to help reduce inflammation.
- Use lubricating eye drops recommended by specialists as a daily eye-care regime.
- Self medication is a strict no.
- Maintain good air quality inside your home by keeping plants like Areca Palm, Zade and Spider plant. Air Purifiers with HEPA filters and humidifiers can also be used by sensitive eye people
Most important of all, eat a healthy diet rich in omega-3 fatty acid including lots of carrots, green leafy vegetables, almonds, walnuts, papaya, berries, fish etc. which are extremely good for the eyes