Qatar is set to reject a set of demands issued by other Arab nations, according to statements made by the country’s foreign minister.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani told reporters in Rome that Qatar was ready to sit down with neighbouring countries and discuss the accusations.
“This list of demands is to be rejected, not to be accepted. We are willing to engage in dialogue but under proper conditions,” he said.
Abdulrahman al-Thani also accused Saudi Arabia and other nations of attempting to undermine Qatar’s sovereignty.
Earlier on Saturday, Qatar leaders spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin, who urged the country along with Bahrain to pursue a diplomatic solution.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Egypt cut off economic and diplomatic ties with Qatar earlier last month and issued an ultimatum with 13 demands, accusing Doha of supporting extremist groups.
Qatar, however, denies the claims.
Turkey has backed Qatar in its rift with the Arab states and is seeking to mediate the crisis.