Whether your computer becomes slow over time or suddenly, it is really hard to work with a slow computer. Even if you’re maintaining the health of your Windows PC, things may slow down eventually.
This post is for you if you are facing these system issues:
- System slowdowns
- Hardware failure
- Blue Screen of Death
It is a good habit to keep the device drivers updated. Get a free driver updater and update the required device drivers easily and safely. Driver updater utilities maintain the synchronization between the hardware and the system.
In this post, we will discuss some ways by which you can boost up the performance of your system and increase its speed. These methods are focused on decreasing the burden on the processor.
Quick Ways to Improve the Speed of Your Computer:
- Remove the Apps That You No Longer Use:
Remove the old unused apps that you no longer use. This will restore the valuable system storage and free gigabytes of memory that can be used for important apps and programs.
The system HDD usually performs nicely, until it reaches 90% of the usable space. If you have found out that the system is running out of storage space then probably less disk space is something that is decreasing the performance of your system.
- Clean Your System from Inside:
A lot of users have been reporting about the heating issues in their older systems. Overheating happens due to the presence of excessive dust and dirt inside the system.
The internal fan and cooling system might not work properly in the presence of dirt and dust. Here is how you can clean your CPU from the inside:
- Shut down your computer.
- Switch off the power source.
- Open up the CPU rig carefully.
- Use a piece of damp cloth to remove most of the dust.
- Now use compressed air to blow the dirt off.
- Take another damp cloth and gently wipe the corners and fan of the CPU.
- Make sure that the inner walls are clean.
- Screw the parts back.
- Attach the CPU to the power source.
- Switch on the power supply.
You might be able to listen to the fan speed if you listen carefully. This is a good sign if you are not able to listen to the internal fan. At optimum levels the internal fan does not produce any noise.
- Use Task Manager to Kill the Apps and Programs that Use System Resources
Some applications and programs use more system resources than their fair share. Such items continually eat up resources including CPU, RAM and GPU. You should disable them straight away.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Select Task Manager.
- Click on the ‘More Details’ section.
- To close a particular app, right-click on it.
- Select End Task.
- Exit the utility.
You will notice an improvement in performance and response times now.
- Disable Graphics and Animation Effects
The recent version of Windows came with tons and animation effects. These effects add to the beauty of your system, but do you really need these effects?
These features are not an issue in the newer systems, but in older systems, it is highly advisable to turn them off. Graphics and animations use system resources and slow the computer down.
Here is how you can deactivate these settings:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on System.
- Advanced system settings.
- Click on Settings in the Performance section.
- In the Visual Effects tab, click on the Adjust for best performance option.
It all depends if you want to disable these animations. The performance of your system will surely improve if you deactivate these settings.
- Remove the Unwanted Programs and Applications Properly
How do you remove the apps and programs from your computer? You should always remove a particular program or application by uninstalling it properly. You should also check the Recycle Bin and permanently delete the programs that you do not use.
Here is how you can remove the unwanted programs and applications properly from your computer:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Select the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Click on that particular program you want to remove.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
After you have cleaned your computer using the tips in this article, you would want to keep your system running that way.
Install a free driver updater to update the device drivers. This will prevent any hardware failure and system crashes from occurring.
It is very important to schedule a regular cleanup to keep a check on the health of the system. Regular checkups help to locate the errors and deal with them accordingly. Keep this article handy so you can easily fix any issues you might come across in the future.