Raghav Lakhanpal is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Saharanpur in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Raghav Lakhanpal is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Raghav Lakhanpal defeated his nearest rival Imran Masood of Indian National Congress (INC) by a margin of more than 65,000 votes. It was a close contest between the two with Raghav getting 4,72,999 votes (39.59%) and Imran getting 4,07,909 votes (34.14%). Prior to winning in Lok Sabha election, Raghav had served as a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in UP for 3 terms.
Early Life and Education
Raghav Lakhanpal was born on October 28, 1974 to Shri Nirbhaypal Sharma and Smt. Prakash Paul. He was born in Chandigarh. Raghav has completed his M.B.A. (PGDM) from International Management Institute. He is currently unmarried.
- 2001-2002 & 2007- 2014: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (three terms)
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on External Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- 15 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Provision of Computers to Members of Lok Sabha
- 7 Jan. 2015 onwards: Member, Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
Raghav Lakhanpal continues to work for the welfare of poor and weaker sections of the society. He also dedicates his time to social and cultural causes.