Rajendra Agrawal is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Meerut in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Rajendra Agrawal is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Rajendra Agrawal defeated his nearest rival Mohammad Shahid Akhlak of Bahujan Samaj Party (BJP) by a margin of more than 2.3 lakh votes. Rajendra Agrawal showed an inclination towards social work since an early age. He joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) when he was a school student and continued in the journey of social work to eventually enter mainstream politics. He has also been involved in various projects that seek to protect and preserve the environment.
Early Life and Education
Rajendra Agrawal was born on October 2, 1951 to Shri Om Prakash and Smt. Satyavati. He was born in Pilkhuwa, located in Ghaziabad district in Uttar Pradesh. His educational qualifications include M.Sc. (Physics) and he received education at M.M. (P.G.) College, Modi Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. He married Uma Agrawal on January 1, 1985.
- 2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Government Assurances
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 31 Aug. 2016: Member, Standing Committee on Urban Development
- 2014: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj And Drinking Water And Sanitation
- 1 Sep. 2016 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 25 Dec. 2017 onwards: Chairperson, Joint Committee on the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016
Rajendra Agrawal has interests in reading books, listening to music, and watching theater and cinema. He also likes sports and among his favorites are cricketand tennis.