Rajesh Verma is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Sitapur in the state of Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Rajesh Verma defeated his nearest rival Kaiser Jahan of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) by a margin of more than 50,000 votes. Throughout his political career, Rajesh Verma has worked towards the welfare of weaker sections of the society. One of his key focus areas has been the education of girls. Apart from the political sphere, Verma has wide experience in various domains such as education, agriculture, social work and business.
Early Life and Education
Rajesh Verma was born on November 06, 1960 to Shri Krishna Pal Singh and Smt. Sudha Devi. He was born in the town of Tambaur, which is located in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh. Rajesh Verma is a post-graduate in Economics and he received his education at Lucknow University, Lucknow and C.S.J.M. University, Kanpur. He married Ranjana Verma on February 04, 1981.
- 1999: Elected to 13th Lok Sabha
- 2004: Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha ( 2nd term)
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 14 Aug. 2014 – 30 April 2017: Member, Committee on Estimates
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Coal
- 3 July 2015: Member, Sub Committee-II, Committee on Estimates
Rajesh Verma likes to spend his free time in social service. He also has interest in sports. One of his favorite sports is volley-ball.