Rajveer Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Etah in Uttar Pradesh. Rajveer Singh is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Rajveer Singh defeated his nearest rival Devendra Singh Yadav of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 2 lakh votes. Prior to winning the Lok Sabha elections, Singh had also served as a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in Uttar Pradesh. He has also held the post of Health Minister in the Uttar Pradesh government. Rajveer Singh was the vice-president of BJP’s Uttar Pradesh unit in 2013-14. He is also a member of BJP’s National Executive.
Early Life and Education
Rajveer Singh was born on March 15, 1959 to Shri Kalyan Singh and Smt. Ramvati Devi. He was born in a village called Madhauli, which is located in Aligarh district in Uttar Pradesh. Singh’s educational qualifications include B.A., LL.B. and he received his education from Agra University. He married Premlata Verma on February 20, 1988.
- 2002 – 2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 2003 – 2007: Health Minister, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- 2003: Member, Public Accounts Committee
- May 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Industry
- 12 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture
Rajveer Singh has interests in music and driving. He also likes to read newspapers and watch news channels on television. He has visited various countries such as Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and UAE.