Sweat, an oily residue, acne—they’re all typical monsoon troubles you’re bound to face. But, say dermatologists, Dr. Sanjay Parashar, Cosmetic Skin Specialist and Cosmetic Surgeon, Cocoona, Delhi and Dr Anju Methil, Dermatologist, Mumbai the monsoon weather is the best time to take care of your skin. Think about it…
- Monsoons are the ideal time to rejuvenate the skin. The sun is easy on you and one can use this time to take care of the damage the summer sun did – like tan, pigmentation, etc. It’s a perfect time to go for acne treatments, scar treatments and wrinkle treatment. Because procedures such as peeling, PRP, fractionated C02 laser, derma roller etc. can be safely done without risk of harsh sun damage. Its indeed the time to get ready for winter.
- Summer has just gone so you can use it as a time to get rid of tan and pigmentation. It’s also the right time for acne and wrinkle treatments, simply because the weather is not dry.
- It’s a good time to get into a cleansing routine. During the monsoons one should not ignore the humidity and sweat that comes along. After all, you can’t not cleanse in wet weather! Plus, you’ll be using all those water-proof products. Use a mild soap-free cleanser twice daily, a mild alcohol-free toner (try rose water) to clear residual skin impurities and reduce pores once daily, and a facial scrub for dead-skin exfoliation twice a week.
- Minor procedures such as microdermabrasion need for a person not to be exposed to the harsh sun of either summer or winter.
- Your brushes and other implements can finally do with a cleaning, or else you’ll see fungus on them.
- Aloe vera is a great natural sunscreen and skin cooler. It’s also anti-bacterial, important, as bacterial infections breed in this weather. Spritz on thermal spring water when you feel the need—another way nature helps.
- Vitamin c serums could be used to nourish and hydrate the skin.
Home remedies for skin glow during monsoons – make a mixture of 1tsf of honey +cucumber juice + 1tsf of dried and powdered orange peel. Keep on face for 5mins and wash. It acts as an excellent moisturiser and cleanser.