- 3 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped roughly
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
- Add curry leaves, red chillies and asafoetida.
- Stir in California walnuts and add the tomato puree.
- Season with salt and add in all the powder spices.
- Once the tomato puree thickens and reduces to 1/3rd its original size, add the rice.
- On high flame stir fry the rice.
- Serve hot!
BY- Chef Varun Inamdar