1 cup onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup California walnuts, chopped roughly
1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
1 teaspoon green chilly chopped
1/2 cup gram flour
1 teaspoon salt
Oil for frying
1. Slice the onions thinly and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Massage the salt into the onions and allow them to rest aside.
3. Add gram flour to the sweating onions.
4. Add California walnuts, coriander seeds crushed and green chilies.
5. Massage all of this together till the gram flour moistens and coats every onion slice.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in pan.
7. Make little clumps and fry on medium flame, fry till they turn crisp and golden brown.
8. Remove the bhaji on absorbent kitchen napkins.
9. Serve hot and crisp with fried green chilies.
BY: Chef Varun Inamdar