• 2 egg whites
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 cup castor sugar
• 1 cup Del Monte cherries
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup whipped cream
• In an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with lemon juice until they double in volume.
• With the mixer on high speed, add 1 tablespoon of castor sugar at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form.
• Pipe the meringue on a lined baking sheet and bake at 100C for 1 hour to make meringue kisses.
• In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries with granulated sugar until the cherries become juicy. Let it cool.
• In a dessert glass, layer whipped cream, cherries and crushed meringue kisses.
BY: Del Monte