- Granulated sugar -1 cup
- Baking powder -1 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 3 cups
- Lemon zest – 1/2 tsp
- Salt -1/4 tsp
- Unsalted butter -1 cup (cut into small cubes )
- Egg -1For the filling
- Granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cornflour – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Del Monte Cranberries – 2 cups
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease an 8×8 inch pan.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar, baking powder and all-purpose flour.
- Add lemon zest and salt.
- Add butter and egg and with the help of a pastry cutter or fork, blend it into the flour.
- The dough will be crumbly.
- Pat half of the dough on to the prepared pan.
- In another bowl, mix together ½ cup sugar, lemon juice and cornflour.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Spread the cranberry mixture on top of the crust evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough on top of the cranberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes, till the top is slightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
BY: Del Monte