• 200g brazil nuts
• 1 cup (150g) macadamias
• 250g pitted dates, halved
• 200g glace cherries
• 100g raisins
• 100g dried mixed peel
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 2/3 cup (100g) plain cake flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 150g caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 tablespoons brandy
• 1/3 cup (110g) smooth apricot jam
• 200g mixed glace fruits (such as apricots, cherries and pears)
1) Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm spring form cake pan.
2) Mix nuts, dried fruits, peel and zest in a bowl. Sift in flour, baking powder and 1
teaspoon salt, and then stir in sugar. Lightly whisk eggs with vanilla, then stir into the cake mixture until well combined. Pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
3) Cool cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack over a plate and remove baking paper. Pierce all over with a skewer. Drizzle with brandy,
BY: Chef Vijesh Modi, Sous Chef.