- 2 cups, fusilli
- 1 cup, spinach, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup, green peas, blanched
- 1& ½ cup, ripened tomato chopped finely
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup, cream
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- chili flakes as required
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the fusilli pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Ina pan, melt butter. Add spinach and peas and saute for 2-3 minutes on high flame. Season with salt and pepper, cook for another 2 minutes. Take it off the heat. Empty the pan into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil, add garlic and cook until aromatic. Add tomato, chili flakes and mix. Cook until the tomato is soft and mushy. Add basil, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another few minutes until it reaches thick sauce consistency. Add cream and mix well. Take it off the heat.
- Toss the boiled pasta, sautéed tomato spinach and peas and the creamy tomato sauce together.
- Dish out in serving bowls, garnish with cream, basil and serve hot.
BY: DEL MONTE