1 cup California walnuts, halves
1 sprig curry leaves
3 tablespoons mustard oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon red chilly powder
1 teaspoon red chilly flakes
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds powder
1 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/8 teaspoon fenugreek powder
1/2 teaspoon fennel powder
1. Mix all the picking spices in a dry bowl and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat mustard oil till it begins to smoke.
3. While it is cooling down, stir in curry leaves when the oil is relatively warmer.
4. Cool it down to room temperature.
5. In a clean and dry mixing bowl, take the walnut halves and stir in the pickling spices.
6. Pour cooled oil and stir well. Bottle it up and serve!
BY: Chef Varun Inamdar