Khoya / Mawa: 1/2 cup
Sweet Dry Petha: 2 medium size pcs
Grated fresh Coconut or dry coconut powder: 1/2 cup
Milk Maid / condensed milk: 3 tbsp
Crushed Fennel (saunf) : 1 tsp
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tsp
Cashews: 5 – 6
Paan (Betel) leaves: 6 leaves
Gulkand: 2 tbsp
Fresh rose petals for garnish
Cashews for garnish
Desiccated coconut: 1/2 cup
Khus syrup / concentrate: 1 tsp
Fennel powder: 1/2 tsp
– Grate the sweet dry petha pieces in a bowl.
– Now add grated khoya & coconut powder. And mix well.
– Now add the condensed milk to the coconut & petha mixture along with crushed fennel seeds, cardamom powder & chopped cashews. And mix well
– Wash and finely chop the betel / paan leaves and add the same to the laddu mixture. mix well and keep it in the refrigerator for 10 mins for the mixture to set well. so that the laddu can be rolled easily.
– Now take a small portion of the laddu mix and flatten it a bit in the centre of your palm. Put 1/2 tsp of gulkand in the centre as stuffing and roll the laddu ensuring the gulkand remains in the center and doesn’t come out.
– Make smooth round laddu with gulkand stuffed center of the entire mix.
– Now in another bowl mix desiccated coconut, khus syrup & fennel powder together. it will be slightly dry green colour mix.
– roll the stuffed laddu on to this khus & coconut mix. and top each laddu with half a piece of cashew.
– Garnish with silver varq, fresh rose petals
– Paan Laddu is ready to be served