- For Pistachio Barfi
- Pistachios 1 cup
- Milk Powder- ¼ cup
- Corn flour -1 tsp
- Powdered sugar -1 tbsp
- Edible green colour 4-5 drops
- Condensed milk -2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp
- 2 tbsp pistachios blanched, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnut, chopped
- 4-5 drops Kewra essence
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- a few saffron strands(optional)
- Place a small size pan over medium heat and add the shelled pistachios.
- Roast the pistachios at medium low heat by continuously flipping so that they don’t get burn. Now let the pista cool down and then grind them in mixer to a fine powder.
- You may sieve the powder to get rid of any bits of pista left. Roasting helps to grind the pista into fine powder.
- Now let the pista cool down and then grind them in mixer to a fine powder. You may sieve the powder to get rid of any bits of pista left.
- Now add the milk powder, sugar, cardamom powder and corn flour. Mix it well; add few drops of edible green food color. Add 1 tbsp of condensed milk.
- Mix it with hand, it will turn into crumbly texture; again add 1 tbsp of condensed milk. Now you will be able to form dough. If not add little more condensed milk. Chop the dry fruits and set aside.
- In a small pan take 1 tsp of butter or ghee (clarified butter) on low heat, add 1 ½ tbsp of condensed milk and stir it. Add chopped dry fruits, cardamom powder and kewra essence. Stir for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- Now keep the filling mixture aside. Now roll out this dough in between 2 sheets of plastic till it is 5 mm. Cut 12 squares pieces, you may roll again the scrap pieces or enjoy them as pista barfi
- Meet the centre point of pieces and join the other half part of barfi. Press it firmly to give a conical shape.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions. Fill it in the cones with the help of a spoon and garnish with silver leaf and chopped pistachios. Your home made Pista paan mithai is ready to serve.