- Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams minced chicken
- 1/4teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- Black pepper powder a pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 50 grams all refined flour
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon mace powder
- 100 grams panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put a large pan on high flame and add water in it, bring it to a boil. After a boil, add 4 eggs in the pan and boil them for about 5 min.
- Take a large bowl and mix together the minced chicken, coriander leaves, parsley, rosemary, mace powder and English mustard. Season this with salt and pepper as per your taste. Knead it like dough.
- Peel them and keep aside. Next, crack the remaining two raw eggs in a bowl with the milk and season with a little salt, beat them together until everything is mixed well. In another bowl, place the flour along with a little salt and pepper powder.
- Divide the mince in four, take the chicken mixture and spread it with your fingers until it is large enough to encase a single egg. Make sure to spread the flour on your working space so that the chicken mixture doesn’t stick.
- To assemble the eggs one by one, roll one egg on the flour bowl and place it at the center of the flattened minced chicken mixture. Gently encase the egg so that it is covered completely with the minced chicken. Then dip this covered egg in the flour, and then the egg-milk mixture, and finally with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, add the eggs separately one by one. Fry these eggs till golden brown in color. Served with your favorite sauce.
By: Chef Ranjan Rajani, Executive Chef Hotel Sahara