- 1 loaf of baguette or Italian bread roll
- 2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup Delmonte Mint Mayo
- 8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Take a tissue paper and press it over the chopped tomatoes. Ensure that all the liquid from the tomatoes is absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl add tomato, onion, basil leaves, olive oil, pepper powder and salt.
- Refrigerate the onion and tomato mixture for 20 minutes.
- Slice the bread diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Apply butter on both sides of bread slices.
- For this, heat a tava and toast the slices till they turn brownish.
- Once the slices cool, arrange them on a plate.
- Top the toasted slices with 1-2 tablespoon mint mayo.
- Top this with 2 tablespoon of onion tomato mixture and serve.
BY: Del Monte