For the Orange color
Grated carrots- about ¼ tropical cup
For the Green color
Pureed spinach- about 3 tbsp.
Basic dough for green and orange:
3/4th Tropical cup Whole wheat flour + 1/4th Tropical cup oats + 1/8th Tropical cup Olive Oil + 5 tbsp Water + 1/1/2 tsp Salt + ½ tsp Baking powder + ¼ tsp Red chili powder + ½ tsp Garam masala + 1 tsp Coriander powder
Dough for white:
5 Cashews + 1 tbsp Sesame seeds + 1/6th Tropical cup Maida
- Step 1. Using the smart chopper puree a handful of spinach leaves and finely grate a carrot. Keep them aside.
- Step 2. In the wonderlier mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for basic dough. If it does not contain enough water to form a knead able dough you can add a little more.
- Step 3. Divide into 2 smaller wonderlier bowls, add spinach puree to one and carrots to the other. Knead lightly with hand to make a dough, adding water if necessary.
- Step 4. Using the smart chopper finely chop thecashews, sesame seeds and 4tsps of water. Mix the cashew mixture with 2 tbsp. of the basic dough (made above). Add 1/6 cup all-purpose flour to it. This makes white dough for the middle.
- Step 5. Roll out each dough into a thin layer. Cut out strips with a pizza knife.
- Step 6. Place a strip of each color touching each other and gently bind with fingers at the edges. Cut out squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick the dough using a fork.
- Step 7. Bake at 176 °C in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 8. Cool completely before storing in
This bakes recipe is full of flavour and nutrition and is an all-time breakfast favourite for many. Wonder food like Spinach, Oats, Carrots and Cashew ensure is good to taste and great for the gut. Complete with Indian spices, this recipe appeals to kids, adults and elderlies alike.
BY: Chef Ayesha Nallaseth, Culinary Product Specialist, Tupperware India