4 Slices bread + 2 tbsp butter + 4 tbsp Green chutney + 4 cheese slices + 3-4 Lettuce leaves
1 tropical cup carrot (grated using Fusion Master Grater) + 2 tbsp Mayonnaise + Salt to taste + Pepper to taste
- Mix the grated carrot with salt, pepper and mayonnaise and keep aside.
- Take fresh bread and remove the crusts from the bread on a chopping board.
- Flatten the slices of bread with a rolling pin. Only roll once or twice at the most – you don’t want completely flatten the bread.
- Spread butter, green chutney, place the lettuce leaves, then place the cheese slices and finally the carrot slaw.
- With two hands, roll up each slice to create a pinwheel, ensure the pinwheel is tight and then wrap it in the cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Remove the pinwheel after 15 – 20 minutes and slice though the cling wrap using the u series serrated knife.
- Then slowly pull out the cling wrap and serve.
This recipe is a great hit with kids and adults alike. Carrot and Lettuce are a rich source of fibre and if you create and present it in this form, your kids will never say no to these essential vegetables. Cheese and butter are healthy fats which are crucial for growing years. Calorie conscious individuals can replace white bread with a multi-grain bread.
BY: Chef Ayesha Nallaseth, Culinary Product Specialist, Tupperware India