- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 9 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C and generously grease 12-cup muffin pan with oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats until fine and flour-like. Add the walnuts and pulse until blended with oat flour. Pulse in the olive oil, salt and water until the mixture comes together.
- Spoon walnut-oat crust mixture evenly (about 1 ¼ tablespoons each) into each muffin cup and press it into the bottom and part way up the sides. Bake 25 minutes, until crust begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic powder, oregano and mustard thoroughly until well combined. Stir in spinach, bell pepper and cheese.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with egg-veggie mixture and bake 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Cool slightly on a wire rack before removing the egg cups by carefully inserting a sharp knife between the crust and the muffin pan.