In today’s grasping world, everything associated to healthcare and beauty products are based on chemicals which may have an effect on you badly.
Ayurveda is the treatment of nature with no side effects. Shirodhara treatment is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment, which consists of pouring of warm herbal oil on your forehead ‘ajna marma’ which is an area where nerves are very concentrated in a constant flow. It is a very effective and useful in promoting sound sleep and which will help you in reducing nervous tension. It is one of the ‘Bahiparimarjana chikitsa’, or a peripheral treatment told in Ayurveda.
There are 3 types of Shirodhara treatment available now – 1. ‘Snehadhara’ which uses herbal oil or ghee 2. ‘Ksheerdhara’ uses milk filled with herbs and 3. ‘Takradhara’ uses buttermilk infused with proper herbs. The oil which is used in Shirodhara treatment is ‘Herbalized sesame oil’. It is the long-established oil used for Shirodhara treatment. Other oils or liquids used in Shirodhara treatment are coconut oil, olive oil, milk and buttermilk.
Health Benifits of Shirodhara Treatment
Shirodhara treatment is a safe method. The advantages of Shirodhara treatment consist of:
- Curing of sleep related problems like insomnia and shift work sleep disorder, memory failure, reduced focus, chronic headaches, nervous tension, depression, psychological tension, hypertension, facial paralysis and degenerative conditions of the brain.
- Shirodhara treatment has proven effective and helpful in controlling your blood pressure.
- Shirodhara treatment balances your energy level. If you are taking enough amount of rest then the treatment will develop your intelligibility and perception.
- Shirodhara treatment balances your Ayurveda mind-body types or ‘doshas’. It increases immunity by relieving nervous tension and fret.
- Shirodhara treatment is helpful for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Shirodhara treatment has been used to take care of a variety of conditions like eye infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, greying of hair, neurological disorders, remembrance loss, insomnia, hearing mutilation, tinnitus, vertigo, and certain types of skin diseases like psoriasis. It is also used as non-medicinally spas for its soothing properties. Shirodhara treatment is a comfortable scalp massage that includes the use of Ayurvedic oils for curing, reducing nervous tension and restoring a sense of balance and internal peace.
Nasya treatment is an Ayurvedic treatment that contains herbal oils, juices or powders through the nasal way. Nasya treatment works particularly on turmoil of ear, nose and gullet. As nose is the opening to get to the brain, any kind of medicine instilled in nasal way acts directly on your brain. Nasya is one in the middle of the five ‘Panchakarma’ therapies. It is particularly helpful for diseases of parts above the neck by nasal way being the gateway of the head. Nasya treatment cleanses, purifies and reinforces the nasal ways by allowing you to take breaths completely and easily over again. It is therapy treatment for nose blocking, allergies, sinusitis, headaches, migraine, cervical spondylosis, hair fall; precipitate hair greying, rhinitis and other nasal diseases. Nasya treatment can develop your skin complexion and can also develop your hair quality and put a stop to greying of hair early.