5 Tips for better organic reach through engagement!
In 2012, Facebook famously restricted theorganic reach of content published from brand pages to about 16 percent. In December 2013, another round of changes reduced it even more.Over the years it has been noted that the organic reach has been drastically falling for brand pages across social media platforms and it is becoming difficult day by day for the companies to grow based only on organic reach.
There are two main reasons behind this organic reach decline. First, a lot of content is being published daily by thousands of companies on their platforms and making visibility in the news feed increasingly competitive. Second, the social media platforms show people the content that is the most relevant to them rather than surfacing through all of the content available.
Social media is adopting an algorithm that promotes a positive user experience. This algorithm putsyourcontent in a pool as small as one percent of your followers. If those people engage with the content, then it gets introduced into a larger pool. With time, more people see the content but only if it is engaging.
Put simply, if it ain’tengaging’, it ain’ttrending’!
A simple solution to this problem could be increasing the engagement on the content published. Proper social media engagement and replying to the comments of the users can a go long way. This will help you build a great reputation that will spread and people would genuinely be interested in what you’re sharing. It is important for your business to create that bond with the users as it can create a viral effect for your organic reach. When the word-of-mouth will spread across new members of your audience and they will in turn come and see what your company has to say.
So here are 5 tips to help you increase the organic reach of your content through engagement:
- Keep The Conversation Going– Often brands simply reply with a few standard responses and the conversation ends there. But instead of a simple “Thank you”, it is always a great idea to engage with the person further and continue the discussion. One great way is to ask for their opinions on the topic. If they reply to this, you can take the discussion further and make a strong relation with them. You can be witty and funny with these replies, show the brand personality and delight your followers.
- The Picture’s Worth A Thousand Words – Images can be the fastest and the easiest way to explain few things sometimes, especially on a platform like Twitter where you only get 280 characters to explain your point. Also, visually it is easier for the user to understand a few things. Therefore, it is best to use images for answering support questions.
You can even send across a video as a reply. While it only takes 9 – 12 seconds to make a video, those extra seconds hold a lot of meaning. The reply becomes more personal and visual which is highlyappreciated by the user and it leaves a lasting impact. After all, we live in a world where the visual is regarded as a better engagement than the written.
- Emoticons = Emotions–Adding emoticons to your replies instantly makes them more fun and personal. These add a hint of emotional appeal and are an efficient way to convey your tone in your replies.
To take this emotional appeal to the next level you can take the help of GIFs.
GIFs instantly add anentertaining element by adding slight exaggeration to the replies. Platforms like Facebook and Twitter allow you to directly add GIFs to your comments making them more interactive and enjoyable.
- Fix Time To Engage – If this doesn’t disrupt your workflow, then schedule a time period everyday where you can engage with the users. Nothing leaves a better impact that prompt replies to their comments. You can use the tips mentioned above to make the conversations interesting and hence gain more engagement.
- Engagement Tools For The Win– There are many tools available online that can help you with this task of juggling engagement. The best way to go about it is to find a tool that helps you manage all the platforms at one place. So instead of opening each notification in a new tab, you can efficiently reply to comments and mentions from a single place. You can even use these tools to set up an automated reply so that as soon as someone engages with your page. A prompt reply is always appreciated by the users.