Besides many train disruptions and cancellations in this season during fog, problems’ regarding information about PNR status, train between stations and seat availability forecast looms large.
RailYatri.in, as a train travel website and app, has always filled in the existing information gap related to train travelling. Besides providing information about PNR status, train between stations, lives train status, etc; it also offers features that ease your travelling issues even while travelling in winters.
Amongst some out of the box features, one is “GPS Locator” feature whose tracking system is convenient and quite accurate. Once you punch in the train number or the name you can track the train on the map at its current location, and also get an estimated time of arrival at each and every station en route. The map integration and the detailed scaling which RailYatri provides are quite unique. The app’s USP is its current location marker on the route which gives the status whether or not you are in the train you are looking for.
Steps for checking your train location through GPS locator feature are –
- Download the RailYatri app from Google Play Store by using the link: rytr.in/and.
- From the menu on the left panel of the home screen, click on “Live Train Status”.
- Enter your train name/number and select if you are currently travelling on that train or not.
- It displays your live journey details (source, destination, distance travelled and the remaining distance
- It also enables WhatsApp sharing of the live train status details with your loved ones who might be concerned about you!
- Live GPS Tracking/ GPS Locator: This feature enables display of your current location and the remaining distance, more accurately. An interactive interface will make the information experience better.
- Even if you are not travelling by that train, it will show you the last status update of your train.
- By clicking on “Upcoming Stations ETA”, it will display the upcoming stations and their estimated time of arrival.
- Click on the “Track This Train on Map” and you will explore real time interactive experience of your route.
- What are the other trains nearby? - Get to know the nearby trains that are passing around with just a click away.
- And if you are a regular commuter of that train, you can get its daily updates. Click on “Commuter on this train?”
- Enter your source and destination stations and “Save” it. You will be able to get daily live train status and updates from that train.
To note, it is the major worry of the train travellers during getting stuck in the middle of nowhere and not being able to communicate the exact location for hours. And it is this GPS locator feature that comes as your saviour that will prevent you from getting lost on the train and will make you stay updated about your complete journey.