- in Filmmaking, Media & Communication& Fashion
- All degree courses at WWI will be awarded TISS degrees
Mumbai, December 2014:In their constantendeavor to ensure proliferation of Film&Media education,including it being brought into the mainstream and it becoming a focus area for India’s leading institutions, Whistling Woods International (WWI) has partnered with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
This is a coming together of two of the best institutes in India. TISS, over its 78-yearhistory and has built animpressive reputation through itshigh-quality, progressive & socially relevant education in the social sciences. WWI in its 9thyear,has already become India’s premier institute of Film, Communication and Media Arts & has also been rated as one of the Ten Best Film Schools in the World.
The coming together of the Academic pedagogy of TISS and the well-established practical rigour of WWI’s education will form a perfect partnership to ensure that the best Film &Media education is offered to students.
The various degree programs offered under the WWI – TISS association:
- B.A. in Filmmaking with specialisation – Acting
- B.A. in Filmmaking with specialisation – Screenwriting
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Cinematography
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Direction
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Editing
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Producing
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Sound Recording & Design
- B.Sc. / B.A. Filmmaking with specialisation – Visual Effects for Motion Pictures
- B.Sc. in The Art & Technique of Animation
- B.B.A / B.A. in Media & Communication Studies
- B.A. in Fashion Design
Admissions for these courses will commence in January 2015 and classes will commence in July 2015.
Talking about the association, Subhash Ghai, Founder & Chairman – WWI, said, “A lot of thought and meticulous planning has gone into finalizing the curriculum, faculty & the practical nature of the education at WWI. It is regularly updated keeping international standards in mind. Associating with TISS, an institution of high academic pedagogy,is a step in the same direction; to enhance the quality of programs offered at WWI.”
Prof. Parasuraman, Director – TISS, said “Filmmaking, Communication and Media Studies are as much a part of society as any other field. Over the years, TISS has always delivered progressive education in all the social sciences. We have closely observed WWI, interacted with the management team of WWI and observed that they demonstrate the same degree of quality consciousness as TISS.We at TISS felt it appropriate to partner with WWI to offer degree programs in Filmmaking, Communication&Media Studies.”