The Right way to store the Seasonal Clothes – Tips from Fashionandyou
- Keep it Clean – Before you plan to pack the clothes for the season, always ensure that they are clean and tidy. All stains or crooked threads should be rectified before packing, as the stains may settle well inside your clothes during the long storage period. Plan a thorough wash for all the clothes for their longer life before storing them.
- Sort and Segregate – As they say, ‘Stitch in Time saves nine’. Invest time in segregating and sorting the clothes, depending upon their type or sizes. Remember you are storing them and not discarding them. A well sorted storage is not a hassle post the season and also ensures clarity and assortment of the clothes you own.
- Choose the Container– Choose your mode of storage and the style you would like to store it. If you would want to hang them, ensure they are well wrapped and looped. If you plan to store them in an almirah or the under the beds ensure that you certainly use moth balls, small cedar blocks and a sheet to cover them to ensure that they remain immune to the pests attack. The cardboard boxes are good options and occupy less space.
- The Right Place – Be assured that the place you choose is clean and dark. Clean the space and use newspapers or charts before placing your clothes. A dark place is generally cool and prevents fading of the clothes. Keep a check that there is no water in and around the space as that might attract pests and insects, Dry place away from the reach of water are usually the best place to store clothes.
- Monitor Mechanism – Keep a check on the stored items, don’t be ignorant and ensure that they are well kept.