Ddhannak – Holistic Life Coach & Vastu Expert
ENLIGHTENING LIFESTYLE – Miind Wellness Boutiique
It’s the month of Shravan when there is music in the air & the heart tangoes & tunes amidst nature with sheer bliss and joy.
Shravan arrives every year once in a month & it’s considered to be very devotional and sacred as per the hindu calendar as one can be consecrated with the glorious energy of Lord Shiva for purifying their mind, body and soul.
As per the Shiv Purana – The Story of Samudra Manthan took place during the month of Shravan, which holds the importance of Shiva consuming the poison from the churning of the Ocean to save the people of the world. Likewise in today’s era, whenever one is looking to get salvage and rescue themselves from the deadly curses & complexities of life, worshipping Lord Shiva not only brings in a rock support within them to tackle their battles but also helps to liberate them from the miseries in their life.
Let us see below a few guidelines of how one can benefit by applying the age old science of vastu & its principles during the month of Shravan for reapingenormous spiritual rewards and opening a positive karmic account in their life.
- The Significance of this month must be highly devoted to the East section of the home as it is ruled by none other than Lord Shiva.Ashna highly recommends to place a statue of Ardhnareshwar (Half Male & Half Female form of Lord Shiva along with Goddess Parvati) made out of a single piece of white marble placed in the East direction of the home during the month of shravan and worshipping it brings colossal blessings in one’s relationships.
- One can also activate their East corner by placement of small water symbols like a mini water fountain for good luck. One must ensure that the flow of water from the fountain is from North to East and that the water is cleaned atleast a few times in a week and avoid stagnancy as it will otherwise create wrong energy. Fresh water with momentum in the east can bring in a lot of good luck in a persons thought process enabling him to become proactive for takingright decisions in life and attain his / her goals with speed.
- Shravan is an ideal time to grow a small Tulsi plant in the North corner of your home for bringing purity and blessings and is also considered to be helpful to get a good husband for the unmarried girls..
- A lot of importance is given to the East during the month of shravan. One must take out time to sit in the east section of their home and meditate for gaining peace and harmony.
- Another very important element of Shiva is the Rudraksha which is a bead made out of the tears of Lord Shiva. Wearing a Rudraksha during the month of Shravan is considered to be highly auspicious as it not only acts as a protecting shield against the planetary maleffects in one’s chart but also helps to attain immense peace and harmony from within.
- One can wear a 2 Mukhi Rudraksh for balancing the family and work relationships & a Gauri Shankar Rudraksha for improving the marriage opportunities.
- 5 Mukhi Rudraksha is widely available and mostly used for rosary beads for prayers & they are considered excellent for overall good luck and health.
- 7 Mukhi Rudraksha is considered to be a form of Maa Lakshmi and is excellent to gain financial freedom and is best recommended for businessmen & people in the field of art and creativity as well.
- One can also fast and do pooja rituals during the shravan month for releasing all the bad karmic debts and move towards the path of spirituality by performing simple ceremonies like offering cold milk, water and bilva patra leaves (the 3 leaves that signify the Trinity of Brahma, Vishnu & Mahesh) along with curd and honey on the Shiv linga on every Mondays for gaining peace and prosperity in life.
Datura Flower to please Lord Shiva as it is considered to be very dear to him & is used to adorn him in various temples. It is meant to overcome fear of any kind and also soothen and calm the troubled mind & emotions.