- TP Vision launches the second generation of Philips TVs powered by Android
- Philips Smart TVs powered by Android TVthe best of two worlds by accessing Philips Smart TV platform and Google Play store
- Android strengthensPhilips TVs’position at the heart of consumers’living room
Amsterdam, March17th, 2015–The upcoming range of Philips Smart TVs embraces Android 5.0 (Lollipop)on most of the models – starting in the entry level category with the Philips 5500 – to deliver a contemporary Smart TV experience. Philips Smart TVs powered by Android 5.0 (Lollipop)unite two worlds by offering access to both the Philips Smart TV platform and the Google Play store.
The digital centre of any living room
TP Vision’s Smart TV strategy is based on three pillars: TV 3.0, gaming and Smart Home.
- Android TVgives easy access to a broad selection of on demand streaming services that complement the ordinary broadcast offering. In addition, the Philips TVs powered by Android TVprovide easy to use connectivity that moves them closer to other smart devices in the house.
- Philips Smart TVs powered by Android serve as acentral hub for all Smart Home applications. The Android ecosystem provides access to a large pool of home automation applications and smart appliances.
Improveduser experience and smart navigation
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) – the next generation operating system – gives the user experience on Philips Smart TVs a boost. Philips Smart TVs powered by Android TV offer fluent, fast navigation through menus and app galleries.New ‘Philips Shelf’ with content promotionand personalized recommendations helps you to find your way around a rapidly expanding repertoire of apps, services and content. The ‘Launcher Home’ includes the Philips App Gallery, Google Voice Search,and content and app promotions to present the hottest movies and apps. For quick access,all Philips Smart TVs powered by Android will come with a remote control that features the Philips TopPicks recommendation button. Philips 7600 powered by Android TV come with a newly designed remote control providing a full keyboard and a swipe pad that facilitates navigation through the on-screen user interface.
Increased storage capacity
To store all apps, games, and downloaded content, Philips TVs powered by Android TVprovide – depending on the dedicated model – 8 or 16 GB of internal memory. Those who need even more storage capacity can easily connect an external hard disk drive via USB.
Broad selection of Philips Smart TVs powered by Android TV
The 2015 range features a wide selection of Philips Smart TVs powered by Android TV. It includes the modestly priced Philips 5500 series Full HD TVs and Philips 6400 UHD TVs, plus the Philips 6500 series Full HD TVs and Philips 7100 and 7600 UHD TVs with advanced picture quality features on board. More Philips TVs powered by Android will be presented in the course of the year.