- skyView enables secure access to remote virtual applications and desktops from any device with HTML5 compatible browser; doesn’t require third party VPN
- Comes with in-built functionality, it doesn’t require Java, Flash, ActiveX or plugins
- Unlike other HTML5 solutions, it provides SSL security without third party VPN
PUNE, India – July 29, 2015
Thinspace, a global provider of reliable, scalable and affordable application delivery, virtualization, and cloud client technology solutions, has introduced skyView, a component which enables secure remote access to virtual applications and virtual desktops from any device with a browser. skyView comes as an add-on to Thinspace skyGate, a secure remote access gateway solution.
skyView is a high performance RDP client built using the WebSockets and Canvas functions of modern browsers as part of the HTML5 specifications. The browser acts like a RDP client and renders the presentations of a Microsoft Windows application and desktop running on remote server. The WebSockets and Canvas functions enable the browser to behave like a full-fledged RDP client without requiring any plugin or agent which requires user intervention, IT support, admin rights and platform support for the device.
The skyView mode is a zero-management tool for IT to deliver any Windows application or virtual desktop without worrying about what device the end user is using. skyView works on any browser compatible with HTML5 specifications including Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and more, on devices like Windows PC, Linux PC, MAC OSX, iOS, Android, Chromebooks and Windows Phone.
Mr Vijender Yadav, Director and CTO at Thinspace commented, “Earlier, operational tasks could be performed only on desktops, but today, people are opting for mobile devices like smartphones and tablets even at enterprises. Organizations need a solution/product which is compatible with consumer devices and various operating systems, giving users a better experience. skyView supports different kinds of devices and provides a high performance HTML5 RDP client-enabling browser-based access to Windows Applications and virtual desktops. Unlike other HTML5 solutions, skyView doesn’t require a third party VPN. Besides, skyView is easy to run and maintain as it doesn’t install any software on the client’s side and RDP host.”
Key features of skyView-
- Browser Compatibility – Supports browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera; IE 10, or IE with Chrome Frame plugin
- Html Only – installs nothing on client side and RDP host
- Inbuilt Functionality – No Java, no Flash, no ActiveX, no plugins required
- SSL Secure – No third party VPN required, unlike other HTML5 solutions
- Device Agnostic – Can use any device with HTML5-enabled browser including iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows Surface and desktops running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux or Chromebooks
- File Sharing – Drag files in and out with ease
- Visual Experience – RemoteFX video acceleration
- Seamless Clipboard Redirection – supports text, image and html formats when copying between local and remote
- Easy Printing – no need to install drivers for client printers
- Individual User Experience – Brings sound to local device or leave it on the remote computer